The CLS Filter enhances the contrast between astronomical objects and the background. Due to the wider transmission curve compared to UHC filters, a greater amount of light will pass through the filter. Stars will be less dimmed. This filter has been optimized to block as much spurious light as possible and simultaneously provide the best performance for 'useful' light. A good filter for DSLR, CCD and B&W film photography as well as observation of deep-sky-objects with telescopes or photo lenses of all aperture f/3 and above.
The CLS Filter blocks completely emission lines of artificial light sources like streetlights (e.g. sodium- and mercury-vapor) as well as the airglow. All 'important' emission lines as well as the spectral range of the night-adapted eye are beeing passed. This filter does not block IR and so is best suited for use with cameras already having an IR block filter
- Easier resolution of Double Stars.
- With the EOS-Clip model, photography with DSLR cameras is feasible even unter extreme light-polluting conditions without shifting the white balance.
- The 1,25" and 2" socket models can be used for observations from light-polluted areas.
- If you plan to create color images from emission line data, our CLS filter is a great choice for the Luminance channel
- Visual observation (dark skies): Good, to reduce light pollution by mercury-vapour lamps (streetlight)
- Visual observation (urban skies): Reasonable, an UHC-E or UHC filter is more suitable
- Film photography: Very good, colour balance is near perfect
- CCD photography: Very good, optimized rejection of light pollution
- DSLR photography (original): Very good, colour balance shifted but contrast enhanced
- DSLR photography (astro modified): Very good, colour balance is near perfect
- DSLR photography (MC modified): Very good, colour balance is near perfect
- Webcam / Video (Planets): Unsuitable
- Webcam / Video (Deep Sky): Very good, if light pollution is a big problem
- 95% transmission at 486nm (H-beta)
- 95% transmission at 496nm (OIII)
- 95% transmission at 501nm (OIII)
- 97% transmission at 656nm (H-alpha)
- pass from 450 to 520nm and from 640 to 690nm
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box